4.18.2012

We are meant to be those people




R1-04914-021A


     Sometimes I find myself admiring qualities in others. Mostly, I admire selflessness. I admire those who can freely talk to children and make children laugh. I admire those who can comfort in a non-overbearing way. I admire those who selflessly give themselves to Christ and never look back. I admire those who can freely love and not be fearful of how that love will be treated or repaid.

     So, I want to look at these people as the arms of Christ. These people are the people that are meant to be there when a child needs a reason to smile. These are the people that are meant to be there when someone needs comforting.  These are the people who were created to selflessly give their time to anyone in need.

These people aren't just those who we admire. These people are meant to be us.

'For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me' 




2 comments:

grace said...

love your words. :)
-donna

Chelsea said...

aaaah this is so perfect for what i've been feeling lately!!