10.05.2011

and then I ask myself...

Earlier, I sat in a coffeeshop eating a quesadilla and studying for an Anthropology midterm. Mid-study, I realize that my Professor is a little unorganized and as amazing as he is...it's hard to find the answers to his study guide questions....

.freak out.

I'm PreGraphic design and getting into the full-on program depends on my GPA...

So basically I start seeing myself hearing the news that I did not make it into the program and there I am...no back up plan and a desire completely left unfilled. Graphic Design is what I want do...I don't know what else I would do!

Do I have a tendency to be a bit dramatic in my head?
YES.

and then I ask myself...

"How do I glorify God in this moment?"

I'm trying to teach myself to ask that question in all of my moments.

So I'm trying to calm myself down and reach a clear perspective of God and His plan for me. I'm not sitting on my hands and asking God for an 'A'...(I'm still praying for one though!!!) but I'm trying to keep myself from freaking out because:

'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.'

How would YOU glorify God in that situation?

3 comments:

Margaretta said...

thank you so much for this thought, lovely. you have no idea how much i needed it this morning.

Anonymous said...

Sistah, I didn't have a plan B, either. I didn't want to do anything else.

And it all worked out just fine. ;-)

Owl of the Desert said...

Psalm 46:1 - my favorite verse. Love it.

I couldn't imagine a better way to glorify God than simply turning to Him - acknowledging our fears, struggles, and doubts, and turning them over to our Lord.

Dad preached on this verse this past Sunday, James 1:5, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." But the key is the next verse, 6 - "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

Love ya!