7.20.2011

Charleston - Day 3 - Part 2

After the Angel Oak, we hopped back into our suburban (FYI that's what us WOMEN drove to Charleston. Yeah...no big deal.), and drove back to downtown Charleston and headed to a quaint little coffeeshop, Hope+Union, and drank us some coffeeeee. Seriously...Hope and Union was insanely calming...if they had a swing in the upstairs...I probably would've slept on it. Indeed, we all felt calm and hyper. (calming coffee shop + coffee....fyi Hope and Union does not serve decaf so, us decaf drinkers were up a creek with no paddle)
IMG_1469
IMG_1470
IMG_1468
IMG_1473
this guy was so nice! I asked him if I could take some pictures of him making our coffee and he goes, "Oh yeah, that's fine! Sorry it's a little messy..." --buddy, I wanted it to look real so there we go :) I like all the coffee grounds, too.
IMG_1484
IMG_1485
IMG_1493
IMG_1501
IMG_1558
IMG_1506
IMG_1508
IMG_1547
IMG_1553
i would hang a hammock in that window...look at that delicious sunlight!
IMG_1552
we all picked up cupcakes from Baked...lemme tell ya, mine was a pistachio cupcake and it was TO.DIE.FOR.
IMG_1586
After that bit of exploring we headed to our reservations at Husk restaurant. *my fave meal*
I had Wahoo fish. And...truth be told I ordered it STRICTLY (no joke) because I just really liked saying Wahoo and it made me curious. Turns out to be the most delicious meal I had. Oh Husk, how I love thee.

IMG_1595

IMG_1605

IMG_1625

IMG_1631

To finish off the night, we took a stroll/photoshoot down on the battery. I seriously would've camped on the battery if it were allowed.
To describe an ocean breeze proves to be impossible for me. Something about the smell of sea salt and having that breeze blow through you hair...possibly making you feel sticky but in the best way possible.
If you run your hands on the bottom of the railing going around the ocean, you'll get a handful of salt. So.cool.
IMG_1635

IMG_1653

IMG_1696

IMG_1721

IMG_1726

IMG_1736

IMG_1743

IMG_1759

IMG_1762


Yeah.
it was a full day.

not to mention...no photos of this...but in 2 days we went to Charleston's Urban Outfitters twice...I mean SERIOUSLY y'all, if you are in Charleston GO. It's an old theatre and it's HUGE.

No comments: