6.30.2011

National Convention + Intentionality

Intentionality?
That's a word...right?
Oh. It is.
I just googled it.

Ok. So...
Summer comes and as a non-working gal, if I'm not careful I become a lazy bum.
I sleep in, don't really do much...and it takes me DAYS to clean my room.
(As I type this I'm sitting in an unmade bed and there are clothes [they're actually clean] on the floor of my room and other miscellaneous items that should be put away)
Today I was thinking about life...(oh dear. prepare yourself for something that isn't...dumbfounding)
Step-by-step, I would like to put myself back into a state of intentionality.
We, as humans, get into slumps or we get into routines and we forget to truly realize where we are in life. I'm a thinker...and I often miss 'in the moment' things because I'm off in my own world tra-la-la-ing.
What do I want out of life?
Ultimately to glorify God.
(okay. we got that. that goes without saying.)
Does it matter what I want out of life?
Yes.
to a point no.
but yes.

My point is this:
It's important to not get stuck in your head or your routines or stuck in your slump because you can forget what truly matters. You can become apathetic about growing.
I desire to grow.
And I'm tired of sitting around.
So.
I'm going to post pictures of National Convention.
and then I'm going to play some music, clean my room, and do a few other things.
THEN I'm going to look at my Summer Wish-list and come up with a plan to not be so lazy.

If none of this made sense to you...it's because I didn't have an outline and I just wrote.
Much like I would in a journal (minus all the weird emotional stuff that you reread and go 'whyyyy did I WRITE that. I'm so weird').

Moving on...

To explain to you what National Convention is...would be terribly hard for me.
But here's a quick idea:
National Convention is related to TeenPact.
Students from all over the country come to a little camp in TN to grow, fellowship, and praise.
There are small groups, speakers, elections, fake commercials, music, games, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
But seriously it's awesome.

IMG_8157
IMG_8175
IMG_8184
IMG_8252
IMG_8293
IMG_8306
IMG_8314
IMG_8494


1 comment:

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

totally get this post. im in the middle of cleaning my room as we speak! whilst taking a short break :P xx