9.03.2009

The story of the yellow dress...

This little beauty has a story. A short story. But a story nonetheless.
I tried on this happy dress back in early July. I LOVED it, but it was $68.00
and I didn't feel like shelling out the big bucks for that dress...yet.
I kept my eye on it, checking to see if it would go on sale.
Earlier this week I checked online, low and behold, it was marked down
to $39.99! But for some reason I just wouldn't order it that day. So today
I decided to go and order it. What?!?! It's marked down to $29.99???
With this excitement in tow I run downstairs and tell my mom, who is just as
happy! So I go BACK upstairs sit down in my black swivelly (made up word shhh...)chair and click to buy.
Oh. Choose my size...I need a small...um...
...
...

...
...

Yeah. They only had Medium and Large.

My happy dress no longer exists for me.
Stupid roller coaster of happy and...sad.

The search has begun. Another yellow happy dress is to be found.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

oh dear. That has happened to me many many times... falling in love with something that is just MEANT to belong to you, and then once you have concluded that it SHALL belong to you.. they have EVERY size except your. they are just like teasing you.

I love that dress.
very very much!
I do hope you find a new dress friend.. now I want one too. lol

Kelly Spezzano said...

you should by the medium (for that price) and take it to be altered to fit (or maybe someone you know is a seamstress and can alter it for you). I had a good friend that lent me an evening gown for a work event that was 3 or 4 sizes too big and I was able to go to a local lady and have it altered... it worked great and was not that expensive either!

maggie said...

I TOLD YOU...but no one wouldbelieve me......

YELLOW LIES

it gets all happy in it seemingly "happy state" and then at the last moment when your own happinessisalmost secure it laughs at you and runs away.

it is NOT to betrusted.....i've telling you people this for years!

Dalton Green said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harris said...

::sniff sniff:: My heart goes out to you.