4.21.2009

a troubled heart



Ever think yourself into a bad mood?
Sometimes I find myself worrying about my life.
Whether I'm good enough in certain areas.
What college I should go to.
What I'm meant to do with my life.
If I'm a good enough friend.
If I'm a good enough daughter.
If I give as much as I should.
Am I a good enough church member?
Am I a good enough Christian?
I'll start thinking about people, and how everyone
is a sinner, and all the things we do.
And it troubles me.
Sometimes I realize most of the questions I ask myself
have a blunt, "No." for their answer. Which is sad, but
also inspiring. It makes me notice how MUCH I have to grow.
Always room for improvement.
I worry about things I shouldn't, and I try to fight
it with all my might. If I trusted Jesus Christ like I should
I wouldn't worry about such small things.

I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust...
~Psalm 18:1

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
~John 14:1

3 comments:

richelle jean said...

girlll! me and you have the same boots!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ut7wPkQiMHY/SXqeq0sdOlI/AAAAAAAAAGg/rZf9dFC9Vt0/s1600-h/Winter+0809+1105.jpg

:]

and all you have to do is go to your dashbord, edit layout, edit the header and load a picture (make sure it's not too small if you want it to take up the whole space)... and then checkmark the box that says shrink to fit on the screen that pops up (the same pop up screen that you load your picture for your banner on)...

is that confusing? :/
i hope that helped!
just let me know.

p.s.
i love your blog!

richelle jean said...

haha don't worry about it, feel free!

do you live in a place that gets all four seasons? it looks like it in your pictures and i wish i got that!

richelle jean said...

oh dear. it rarely ever gets below 60 over here... the only way it's below 60 is if God somehow wants us to get the chilly willys in the winter time.. other than that, weather is so moody out here in southern CA. it was in the 90s these past two days and now it's gonna drop 20 degrees tomorrow and rain on friday.

i guess that's CA for you! haha. AL must be so nice though!